Monday, January 20, 2014

In Search of New Material

So, I know that if I were intelligent and more business-minded and less lazy, I would be hitting up garage sales and thrift stores for my materials.  But...as we've already established, I'm lazy. 
(I'm not sorry that I'm not sorry)

I spent a good deal of time on Friday foraging (you guessed it) the s*** piles called art at the back of my local Ross store.  As usual, they didn't disappoint.  
During my first visit I was just so excited and...inspired...that I failed to notice variations on the same crap(per) theme looking right at me:
...over...
...and over...
...and. over. again.
(This last one even came bedazzled!!!)

Seriously, who decided lousy pictures of bathrooms were a good idea? I'm assuming the idea is to hang them in one's room of rest, but it doesn't make a lot of sense.   If I saw one of these in a bathroom, I would hear the following internal dialogue:

"Hey! Buddy! just in case you forgot, you're in the crapper!  Here's a picture with wacked out perspective and proportions to remind you of that!  Enjoy the dump!"

...and if you happened upon a picture of this not  in a restroom...um..why?

As we've already established, bathrooms aren't pretty. They're gross. Not to mention an incredibly boring art subject.
Mass art maker people: PLEASE STOP THE MADNESS.

(In other news, new awful hotel revisited art coming soon!)

No comments:

Post a Comment