Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Mais, Oui

Stock art seems to favor looking...French.
...ish. French-ish. Because apparently anything written in French=classy. But we don't want to write anything too advanced...we just write the stuff we learned from watching Amelie with subtitles...
...or taking that one semester of French 101 in college. 
...I know these things.  J'ai dit oui to my Invitation au monde francophone:
...for one semester before I went to Spain and decided to study Russian.
Whatever.

Anyway, I came across this beauty the first time I went to Ross in search of hotel art. 
"White wine from France."  
Because we're classy, we wrote it in French.

So I ask, why stop there?
What is a good picture of French stereotypes without the actual wine...
 ...the eiffel tower...
 
...and smoking?
Being me, you knew a dinosaur was coming, too:
Some of you reading may ask,
"Bridget, why do you do this?"

You know what I say?

P.S.
The people in my French 101 book are TOTALLY drinking wine.
...totally.

No comments:

Post a Comment